The Quigley House is situated on its
original site at the corner of South Lake
Street and Milan Avenue. Built in 1832 by
Mr. Joseph Quigley, it is one of the
earliest examples of hand hewn sandstone
architecture in the Amherst area.
located off Middle Ridge Road, this
rebuilt using Amish & Society volunteers. Like many other historic buildings
here, this barn was threatened with demolition.
|Hickory Tree Grange
One of only two buildings at the
Sandstone Museum Center in its
"Grange Hall" started out as a
one-room schoolhouse. Built in 1879,
this building went from
schoolhouse to church before it
became home to the local Hickory
House is the oldest building moved to the Sandstone Museum Center, a classic
example of the "Greek Revival" style of architecture so common in rural America
immediately before the Civil War.